Need Help Paying Your Water Bill?

There are local financial assistance programs for a number of different things, from housing and rent payments to energy bills. But did you know there is also financial aid available to people who struggle to pay their water bills? We’ve compiled a list of resources for tenants in the Twin Cities who need some extra help doing so:

For St. Paul Residents:

-WaterWorks Program

-Under the WaterWorks program, assistance will be limited to an annual maximum of $300 per recipient, subject to fund availability.

To be eligible for assistance, families must:

  • Be in financial crisis

  • Qualify under Minnesota state median guidelines from the US Department of Health and Human Services

  • Have had their water service terminated or be in danger of termination

Customers having difficulty paying their water bill should call Customer Service at (651) 266-6350 and ask about options for payment of their bill.

For Hennepin County Residents:

-Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County

-Call (952) 697-1393 or email

For Ramsey County residents who have lost income due to COVID-19:

-Emergency Assistance Hotline: 651-266-4884

If you are interested in applying for any of the above programs, or have questions on if you qualify, contact the phone number listed with the respective program.

29 views0 comments